Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > AutoIt
You last visited: Today at 19:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question/Problem] Keystrokes not recognized

Discussion on [Question/Problem] Keystrokes not recognized within the AutoIt forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Question/Problem] Keystrokes not recognized

Hi, a friend asked me to write a small hotkey macro. Normaly that isnt a problem Ive done those for many games but with this one, it just wont work.

First Problem:
Send(), ControlSend() and _PostMessage... dont work. It works fine for notepad aso. but as soon as the game is active the keystrokes dont work. i.e. sending space wont let you jump, enter doesnt toggle chat input on/off and a string doesnt appear in the chat input.

Second Problem:
I create a hotkey that works fine outside the game. If the game is active it doesnt work. My guess is, autoit doesnt recognize the keystroke.

Does anyone know how to get a hotkey-macro to work when the game blocks keys like that?
Old 02/20/2012, 09:44   #2

elite*gold: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumicard
I create a hotkey that works fine outside the game. If the game is active it doesnt work. My guess is, autoit doesnt recognize the keystroke.
Start your apllication as administrator. This may help.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/20/2012, 11:05   #3

elite*gold: 0
worked.I cant believe I missed that. thanks a lot

Similar Threads Similar Threads
How to send keystrokes to a game
01/14/2012 - C/C++ - 13 Replies
Dear reader, I am recently starting to learn C++. I have the following problem: I build this GUI program which should repeat my shouts by a simple method. Send a "space", then "up key", then "enter key" command. Only this is, that it will not respons if the window is not focussed.
Simulating Keystrokes
11/18/2011 - General Gaming Releases - 6 Replies
Hi folks, usually I am not releasing my stuff. But here is a small hint for "do it yourself" people, how to simulate keystrokes for Warhammer Online. The usual way to do that via Postmessage or kbdevent does NOT work here, because Warhammer is a DirectInput game. It cost me some hours to figure out a proper but easy way how to do it: INPUT input;
Help with Postmessage, Sending keystrokes.. !
04/12/2011 - AutoIt - 6 Replies
Hello everyone , i use this sourcecode that i found for sending keys on a minimized window. ; #FUNCTION# ================================================== ================================================== ================ ; Name...........: SimulKey ; Description ...: Simulate a Key-Send to a specified handle in the Background ; Author ........: Felix Lehmann ; Modified.......: If you modify this Script, please enter your name here ; Remarks .......: - ; Related .......: - ; Parameters...
Map no recognized on OpenKore 1.6.9
05/20/2007 - Ragnarok Online - 0 Replies
the bot doesn't move, as it is unable to determine the map and the random path. says error on PathFinding.pm on the src folder line 89. how should I deal with this? I wrote the config to go to ein_fild05, is there a problem with that map?