Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aura Kingdom
You last visited: Today at 13:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Game chat filtering hack

Discussion on Game chat filtering hack within the Aura Kingdom forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Game chat filtering hack

Hey guys, I'm using for a long time now a module in my personnal bot that filters the game chat and I was thinking of releasing this module if people are interresting.

The module is really simple and smart to configure : you have a whitelist keywords and a blacklist keywords.
- The blacklist allows you to ignore messages containing the keywords
- The whitelist allows you redirect messages containing the keywords from one chat channel to another.

Examples :
- you want to filter out gold sellers spam, you add to the black list all the combinations of "www" "vvwvv" "vv w vv" etc.. and ".com" ".c0m" ",com" etc... that are usally used by gold sellers.

- you want to redirect from trade chat to for example announcement chat the wold boss pops, you add to the whitelist "c1" "c2" "c3" "c4" "c5" "c6" to catch the messages of people notifying the pop of a wordboss on a given channel. Same with any item you want to buy without having to spy the trade channel at any time.

So here is the idea. Right now the code is nearly ready; I just need to expose the channels IN and OUT for the whitelist to let the user spy any channel and redirect to any channel. The redirection is done locally, so don't hope to write anything to any channel : it is not the purpose of this module.

Now it's up to you guys to let me know if you are interrested in such hack or not. I clearly won't waste time for releasing this if I am the only one using it.

ps : I know it sounds strange that a hacker releases a tool to fight against gold sellers' spam on a hack forum, but I will never release a tool that could destroy the economy of a game.

Edit : released
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/15/2014, 09:25   #2

Hmmm, I suppose this means noone needs this
Old 10/15/2014, 19:31   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainProvist View Post
Hmmm, I suppose this means noone needs this
I think this might be useful for you, but I personally see no point of doing this, maybe share code, this might be useful to anyone at some point
Old 10/15/2014, 20:12   #4

Haha you're right that it might probably be usefull for me only, but the fact is that beeing spammed by gold sellers on the trade chat + by pm is a real pain when you play this game for real (not only for boting). It's even worst when you chat on the guild chat and at the same time look for a specific item on the trade chat. Or just wait for world boss pops.

I simply forgot that most of bot users don't really play the game and will never need such a thing. But anyway I don't mind if nobody needs this : this will spare me lots of time and pain to maintain it .
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/15/2014, 23:44   #5

Well personally.. I'd be extremely interested in such a "tool", and know quite a few others that would be also, although those people aren't members of this forum I don't believe.
Old 10/17/2014, 09:12   #6

Mhh, actually I just set up different chat windows, even for trade I have made one. So basically I never read the "All" channel.
Old 10/17/2014, 11:24   #7

I would be interested in this tool for the purpose that i often miss stuff in trade channel or am just busy and have no time to check so I'd be really happy if you would release it~
Old 10/17/2014, 11:32   #8

I did this too but I can only use it as tabs (not separate windows) because my screen resolution can bu upper than 1440*900. Even when scaling down the interface at the minimum value (80%) the hud is still too big to allow me to use multiple chat windows at the same time and keep the game still playable.

Anyway the main goal of this idea was too not have to spy the trade channel at any time when you simply look for specific things like world boss pops and specific items.
I'll wait for more people interrested before releasing this

Edit : released