Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 19:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How did you get into Archlord?

Discussion on How did you get into Archlord? within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How did you get into Archlord?

So, to lay off a lil bit the current trend of private-servers threads in this sub-forum, I though about asking you guys a question, that probably has been asked a thousand times before.

But I would like to know how you all got into Archlord, and why you kept playing it.

I remember that I the thing it hooked me in was the shadow effects, dont know why but I though it was really well made, and added some production value that other games didnt have.
And I quit some months after HH was released, so I didnt get to experience Shrine, actually I dont even know what it is.

What about you? How you find Archlord and why did you stay?
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/14/2016, 23:27   #2

I found it on a CD sometime during episode 2. It was promoting episode 3 with bunch of videos of combo skills. It had quite nice skill effects for its time(even now I think they're quite good).

Played until CM closed its servers. Webzen did remove most of my well duped items during account transaction which made me quit for a while.. Came back from time to time, played until the very end, met a lot of great people, had fun every second of it.

Don't agree with people who say episode 8 was terrible. It had its ups and downs like other episodes. It was worth playing for people who were playing it.
Old 03/15/2016, 02:30   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiy1996 View Post
I found it on a CD sometime during episode 2. It was promoting episode 3 with bunch of videos of combo skills. It had quite nice skill effects for its time(even now I think they're quite good).

Played until CM closed its servers. Webzen did remove most of my well duped items during account transaction which made me quit for a while.. Came back from time to time, played until the very end, met a lot of great people, had fun every second of it.

Don't agree with people who say episode 8 was terrible. It had its ups and downs like other episodes. It was worth playing for people who were playing it.
A CD, man...i never seen ac actual physical copy of the game
And you're right, it does have some great fx, and great details in general. Sure, theres some copy-paste from there to that, but in general the overall feeling of everything is pretty cool
Old 03/15/2016, 04:33   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc4rf4c3 View Post
A CD, man...i never seen ac actual physical copy of the game
And you're right, it does have some great fx, and great details in general. Sure, theres some copy-paste from there to that, but in general the overall feeling of everything is pretty cool
In the start of archlord in codemaster you needed to pay 10$ the game
Old 03/15/2016, 09:16   #5

When i played in CM i actually had bought the physical copy to get the 6K cc , xD, i lost the box tho :/
Old 03/15/2016, 11:46   #6

A friend told me about Archlord at school...
He stopped after one year and I continued and met alot of new people.
Played from the beginning (CM) to the end (Webzen).
Archlord was and still is an awesome game.
Old 03/15/2016, 13:43   #7

elite*gold: 60
I can pretty much copy what he said with some adjustments xD

He stopped after one year and I continued (with his account) and met alot of new people.
Played from the middle ep3 (CM) to shrine (Webzen).
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/15/2016, 14:13   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAcKSHoT View Post
I can pretty much copy what he said with some adjustments xD

He stopped after one year and I continued (with his account) and met alot of new people.
Played from the middle ep3 (CM) to shrine (Webzen).
Hahaha, nice story .
Old 03/15/2016, 17:50   #9

I remember a guy who bought hundreds of cd copies in market and sold only redeem codes via e-mail. It was for 1/10 cc price of official CM store, those were the days
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/15/2016, 22:21   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsv View Post
I remember a guy who bought hundreds of cd copies in market and sold only redeem codes via e-mail. It was for 1/10 cc price of official CM store, those were the days
Yeah, I remember buying dozens of those cd-keys from an indian website and paying via western union. The cons of being young and credit card-less
Old 03/17/2016, 19:06   #11

elite*gold: 25
Received Thanks: 1,204
Also found the CD version in a store and tough: why not give it a try. My first MMO at that time. Later I bought some more CD boxes for the cc as well. Was at the start of EP2. Good old times
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/17/2016, 23:14   #12

So...Gunz, a long dead game has arisen from its grave, and it was revived by a new dev team in Korea.
And in other news a p-server from Karos Online was Greenlighted in Steam.

Do you think Archlord can make a (good) comeback?
Old 03/27/2016, 00:36   #13

BenX, 14 years and addictionless. Then things went from 0 to 100 rel fast pleblife
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/28/2016, 16:22   #14

I saw that al was going f2p from the new years eve.Bought it around november.The thing that kept me playing was Genesis lol. Good times
Old 04/04/2016, 23:39   #15

We were riding the bus to the school everyday.One time, a friend started telling everyone how he dropped a Shuta Ring is this game called Archlord and sold the ring for 2 bil gold and he could buy lots of things with that ammount of gold.
I was curious about this game and downloaded it.After few hours i got bored an quit.
In the next day he dropped and sold another Shuta ring. At that moment i asked him to make a bet ( whoever drops the next one will be praised with few free meals at our fav local place ). After few weeks of farming at flame bears i lost the bet but got captivated by this game and continued playing . We started farming all day,created a small guild,gathered some friends from school and made a farming team ( stones/armours/weapons/rings/necks ) .
We made so much gold...
After Archlord was moved to Webzen guild got disbanded,the guild members either quit or moved to other guilds. I joined Dreadlords,my friend joined TopRomania and the fun continued until Webzen closed the game.
I also played on most of the private servers + JUSTAC.
Nowadays, im here only to check forums..
Good old days are far behind