Not a member yet? Register for your free account!

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 20:42

• Did you know? elitepvpers has its own image host, epvpimg.com.

New to Archlord need overall tips

This is a discussion on New to Archlord need overall tips within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category; Hey guys, I'm extremely new to Archlord and was wanting some help with the game. I was wondering - What ...

Old 10-26-2013, 23:10   #1

New to Archlord need overall tips

Hey guys, I'm extremely new to Archlord and was wanting some help with the game. I was wondering

- What are the pros and cons of the classes? What do you think is the weakest/strongest class right now and why?
-Are there only 1v1 PvP battles in the game?
-How does the Archlord work?
-How do you get Archlord?
-Ways to get off to a good start

Thanks!

Old 10-26-2013, 23:41   #2
Cx Member

you want Hacked Accounts for free ?xD

[Webzen]Free Account

its nice game but i hope webzen close this game or sell it soon
Old 10-27-2013, 00:44   #3
Don Afro

Received Thanks: 1,175
I know it might not seem so when you're just starting, but this game is honestly dead. The company that owns it doesn't care anymore and everyone is pretty much waiting for it to end. Best advice is not to get into it, at least not at the moment. There are much better alternatives out there, like Aion or Tera.

If you still want to play I'll make my next reply more informative..
Old 10-27-2013, 01:04   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldonx View Post
I know it might not seem so when you're just starting, but this game is honestly dead. The company that owns it doesn't care anymore and everyone is pretty much waiting for it to end. Best advice is not to get into it, at least not at the moment. There are much better alternatives out there, like Aion or Tera.

If you still want to play I'll make my next reply more informative..
I dont really care about how dead it is. As long as I can find a group of people who I can play with.

But yeah, I want some actual tips.

How are Sorcs?
Old 10-27-2013, 02:20   #5
Cx Member

sorc is a nice char in PvE and PvP

you can easy grind with sorc because he can slow Mobs to 100%

and if you have question about sorc ask Voldonx he is the best sorc on Urzark
Old 10-27-2013, 03:00   #6

What about Elementalist?
Old 10-27-2013, 11:36   #7
Don Afro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcaelyr View Post
Hey guys, I'm extremely new to Archlord and was wanting some help with the game. I was wondering

- What are the pros and cons of the classes? What do you think is the weakest/strongest class right now and why?
-Are there only 1v1 PvP battles in the game?
-How does the Archlord work?
-How do you get Archlord?
-Ways to get off to a good start

Thanks!
Human:
Mage: dps + good against critters
Archer: dps + heavy debuffs
Knight: tank, stunner and with the right equip some pretty redonkulous crits

Orc:
Zerk: tank, high(er) crit
Hunter: über tank
Sorc: high dps, self/party heal, crowd control

Elf:
Swash: fast crits + a gazillion debuffs
Ele: when built right an OK tanker and +- dps, has pets and good stuns.
Ranger: fast and sneaky, hybrid crit and skills

Skill builds are often complex since you are not advised to just get ALL the skills (you aren't able to do so anyway). You get 1 global reset that you can use at any time and after that you'll have to pay if you want your skillbuild adjusted. So you're probably best off asking for advice and reading some class specific guides.

Archlord is an open PvP kind of game. You can fight 1v1, or in a party, doesn't matter.
Twice a week there is something called the race vs race battles, where races fight eachother for good buffs (that last 4 days) by killing bosses in the battleground area.
On saturday there is a castle siege. Guilds can sign up to defend or attack one of 4 castles (located in different areas). The fight lasts an hour and the objective is to have your guildleader stamp the throne and then try to hold your ground for the remainder of the time. When you own a castle a certain percentage of cash that people spend in that area goes to your guild.
Every last saturday of the month there is an Archlord siege, where the guilds that hold a castle fight eachother for the Archlord title, awarded to your guild leader. He'll become this giant dude with 300000 hp and serious Chuck Norris capabilities.

Over the years the map has become huge and there are many different realms where you can acquire different armors (which are hard to get, harder than in probably any other mmo you've played). Most people just get fed up or impatient and buy the armors with marvel scrolls of release (a cash item, in this game these scrolls are kind of used like currency for everything).

There is just TOO much to explain all in one post and that would take the fun out of the game anyway. Exploring is part of it.

Ways to get off to a good start? There are none. Just go out, explore caves and shit, try to meet some people. No people to play with = no fun. Maybe try to find a helpful guild or something, someone who can hook you up with some basic gear to get you on your way.

No one ever notices, but there are alot of guides available on the main website. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
The Volunteer team took the time to write them out, so it'd be nice if they were read now and again lol.

This is a helpful website where you can create skillbuilds, look up different armor sets and unique items (and what mobs drop them): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Other than that, you can ask your questions here or on the main forum. I'm pretty active on both. I don't play the game anymore really, but I'm a forum-troll and I've never denied it.

Good luck to you and try to enjoy yourself

(a little thanks would be nice, I'm still far off from getting my 1:2 post/thanks ratio )
Thanks
6 Users
awatts666 (10-28-2013), marocco56 (10-27-2013), rapdaddy (10-27-2013), schrabumbel (10-29-2013), Schwipyo (10-27-2013), starforce11 (10-28-2013)
Old 10-27-2013, 14:28   #8

SCION:

scion normal form, good passive skills, sb, def, block,resi are good
summoner, good buffs and high AOE dmg, with good equipment good tanker and critter, 2 weapons
orbiter great pt buffs but low dmg, only 1 weapon
slayer at 120 same like knight and also good critter, only 1 weapon

@ Voldy don't miss the last race..........-.-*
Thanks
1 User
steph33 (10-27-2013)
Old 10-27-2013, 16:43   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcaelyr View Post
What about Elementalist?
If you want to PvP and to have fun don't play Ele on Webzen x'D
Old 10-27-2013, 16:50   #10
Don Afro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornholm View Post
SCION:

scion normal form, good passive skills, sb, def, block,resi are good
summoner, good buffs and high AOE dmg, with good equipment good tanker and critter, 2 weapons
orbiter great pt buffs but low dmg, only 1 weapon
slayer at 120 same like knight and also good critter, only 1 weapon

@ Voldy don't miss the last race..........-.-*
Forgetfulness in geniuses is often a sign of their brilliance!

In other words, oopsie daisies.