Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 04:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Archlord custom files guide

Discussion on Archlord custom files guide within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Archlord custom files guide

Ok so after experimenting with archlord the game appears to load uncompressed files inside the game directory without any trouble at all
So what i did was first make a backup of the rerence.dat file you want to use the uncompressed files from. Also make sure you have all the patches first as it might not patch correctly without the reference .dat
Now that you have your backup decrypt the reference.dat by dragging it into the inidecryptor "I will have a way to do this without the tool soon".
Now you want to extract the plain data files using my script here
quickbms is a free tool you can download.

So for instance if you extracted archlord\texture\character\data.dat

you will end up with a bunch of encrypted texture files. to get the game to use your extracted files and not the ones in the archive all you do is delete or rename reference.dat and copy the raw files into the same directory reference.dat was in.

to decrypt the textures i recomend copy them into a new folder then use this bat file to mass decrypt them

Code:
FOR %%a IN (*.tx1) DO G:\archlord\ALCryptDecryptINI.exe  %%a /k:asdfqwer
"This step will be removed soon also"

Now you can use the texture converter i posted on the same site above to mass convert all the tx1 files to plain dds files.

Now just brows the files till you find the texture you want to edit.

I will work on making a re injector soon but if you change one and want it re injected i can do it in a few seconds for you.

I am also working on a model importer for 3ds max so you can preview your texture edits right in 3ds max.
Thanks
13 Users
Old 06/19/2011, 07:55   #2

Very nice looking forward to modding this lame *** realm armor
Old 06/19/2011, 12:29   #3

So what we can change with that? All textures on our char?
Old 06/19/2011, 14:38   #4

You can change all character textures. You could also swap character models around.
This will work with any archive tho so you could in theory create any class and have them be any race.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/19/2011, 21:46   #5

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrrox View Post
You can change all character textures. You could also swap character models around.
This will work with any archive tho so you could in theory create any class and have them be any race.
yea I DL all the tools you gave umm got al TX1 files in new folder then I made a Bat file with what you gave opened new folder with bat but no change. lol messed up somewhere.
Old 06/19/2011, 23:45   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelion View Post
yea I DL all the tools you gave umm got al TX1 files in new folder then I made a Bat file with what you gave opened new folder with bat but no change. lol messed up somewhere.
After you run the bat file "it will take a while" on those files they will still be called the same name all it does is decrypt them.
Now run the texture bms on that folder to get all of them converted to dds textures.

Example

c:\quickbms.exe -F "*.TX1" c:\archlordtex.bms c:\pathToTx1Files c:\ExportDDSFolder
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/20/2011, 11:01   #7

Thanks so much, chrrox!
Some .tx1 files (the ones in the "texture/skill" and "texture/item" folders) are not .dds files (I think they are .png files) and they can't be displayed. Could you maybe give us a code to convert them too?
Old 06/20/2011, 12:27   #8

I should be able to update my script to handle them.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/20/2011, 19:21   #9

i cant convert these tx1 files into dds file. I wanna try to get the Items and skills the others not so important. i think too that these files are png and not dds are.

please help me =D need these graphics for my DB Site
Old 06/20/2011, 23:04   #10

I just managed how to display the skill and item icons and until chrrox makes a program for that, here is what I did:

You will need these programs:
* Adobe Photoshop

=== If you already have extracted and decrypted the .tx1 files, just go to step 10 ===

1. Make a folder D:/files

2. Go to the Webzen/Archlord/texture/item folder and copy the Data.Dat and Reference.Dat files to D:/files

3. Copy the Archlord_DatTool.exe and AlCryptDecryptINI.exe also in D:/files

4. Drag the Reference.Dat on AlCryptDecryptINI.exe and now it should look like this:

5. In Windows start/run type cmd and press enter

6. In cmd, type these:
d:
cd files
Archlord_DatTool.exe decompress Data.Dat
(wait until done, it may take a minute or more and then press enter and exit)

7. It created a folder named texture. Go in texture/item. Copy the AlCryptDecryptINI.exe here.

8. While in texture/item folder, create an empty text document and write this line:
FOR %%a IN (*.tx1) DO D:\files\texture\item\ALCryptDecryptINI.exe %%a /k:asdfqwer
Save it as massdecrypt.bat and run it.

9. Select a file that has already been decrypted by the massdecrypt.bat and open it with a text editor to check if the files are decrypted correctly. It should have the word .PNG somewhere in last lines:

10. Change the file's extension from .tx1 to .raw (you can alternatively use a program to mass rename all the files at once if you want -I use Total Commander- but be careful not to use it while the massdecrypt.bat is running)

11. Open the .raw file with Photoshop and in the pop-up window, use these options:

(For the m____.tx1 files, just change the dimensions to 32x32)

12. Enjoy!

Thanks
6 Users
Old 06/21/2011, 13:55   #11

and then if i save it the file Al is using is edited?
and i can see teh change if i run Al ?
Old 06/21/2011, 14:55   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harozor View Post
and then if i save it the file Al is using is edited?
and i can see teh change if i run Al ?
I don't know if it is possible to save back in .raw format and with unchanged header. If it is, then if you rename back to .tx1 and use DatTool to repack, maybe it works (I don't know, it's just a thought, I haven't try that).
Old 06/21/2011, 18:47   #13

for all they have no photoshop !!! Use Xnview its free and u can use the massconvert option of raw to png files
Old 06/22/2011, 10:28   #14

So is it possible to make my ranger look like a knight? That would be so much fun.
Old 06/22/2011, 10:33   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by faki View Post
So is it possible to make my ranger look like a knight? That would be so much fun.
if you change the character interface... all ranger would look like a knight not only yours.... it would be confisuing.... when you see a bunch of knights runnig around and they actually would be ranger's.... you would not know what hit ya