Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 17:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Don't try to farm on lower lvls than u.

Discussion on Don't try to farm on lower lvls than u. within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 04/25/2011, 09:43   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apnean View Post
...and as a point of interest, the very first unique I ever dropped in this game was just after they were released in CM, and it was off a normal mob in Orc land. Was a normal Wolf mob that dropped me my 'Necklace of Fortune' way back when. I did not have clue what it was till a guildie told me.
Sounds impossible. Are you sure it wasn't a boss?
Old 04/25/2011, 10:05   #17

it's all about luck faimin in 1F on 52lvl mobs 2 blodes for 15mins max so it's all about LUCK!
Old 04/25/2011, 10:23   #18

If you decrypt the ini files that describe the uniques in game, you will see the drop rate listed. It used to be 1 in 10,000, but that may now be in flux with new client and so on. Its is not luck, as this game is mathematically described by its programming.

You just got to be the lucky ****** who hits the right mob at the right time is all.
Old 04/25/2011, 10:28   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ H4x0r View Post
Sounds impossible. Are you sure it wasn't a boss?
Was definitely a normal mob.

I have spoken to another player who has had the same thing happen. Was in CM as well. Not a highly probable event obviously, but must have been a slight possibility at the time. Probably got fixed in a patch or something.

Remember, those new unis dropped when they should not have, off mobs that were not supposed to drop anything that level. They were dropping all over the place. Bit of a stuff up.
Old 04/28/2011, 20:28   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apnean View Post
If you decrypt the ini files that describe the uniques in game, you will see the drop rate listed. It used to be 1 in 10,000, but that may now be in flux with new client and so on. Its is not luck, as this game is mathematically described by its programming.

You just got to be the lucky ****** who hits the right mob at the right time is all.
So what now? The fact that its drop rate is defined in the game files, doesn't mean it's not about luck...
Old 04/28/2011, 20:33   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAJTNING View Post
So what now? The fact that its drop rate is defined in the game files, doesn't mean it's not about luck...
some people believed it was a counter
Old 04/28/2011, 20:38   #22

It would still not matter as I'm pretty sure you wouldn't know exactly how many mobs do you need to kill for drop... There are other players who might farm the same mob at the same time as you do. So don't tell me you don't need luck.
Old 04/28/2011, 20:40   #23

luck is something weird and it's making my head a mess because I don't really know what it is..
Old 04/28/2011, 20:42   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAJTNING View Post
It would still not matter as I'm pretty sure you wouldn't know exactly how many mobs do you need to kill for drop... There are other players who might farm the same mob at the same time as you do. So don't tell me you don't need luck.
you said it all