Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion
You last visited: Today at 22:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Infinite Aion under attack??

Discussion on Infinite Aion under attack?? within the Aion forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old 10/13/2009, 11:39   #31

elite*gold: 0
The Googinator is an user of this fórum, i hope he read this, and contact us.
Old 10/13/2009, 11:47   #32

Server run on Windows or Linux?

some ideas:

Free Solution to Prevent DDOS atak

has developed ...
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/13/2009, 11:51   #33

And just find out the ip of the attack and block it!
This could be a lot of work but anyway a way to solve the problem
Old 10/13/2009, 12:03   #34

many of the attacking computer are infected by a program that asks queries to the server, most of the time, they have a dynamic IP address provided by their ISP (Internet service provider) and changed every 24 hours. This solution're not good.

The solution must come from the server (Firewall, blocking a port opened by mistake ...)
Old 10/13/2009, 12:17   #35

Would you just stop this already ?
DDOS can't be handled cause it is meant to be that way. Read something about establishing a tcp connection and figure that out for yourself after also reading what ddos means and how it works.
Some solutions are based on security certificates but that assumes only a limited number of users is meant to access the server.
In practice, server holders should enable users to log in based on 2-3 ip's maximum or designate a dynamic network if they are using dynamical addressing. The list would be then formatted into an ACL which the providing ISP would implement upon the destination of the traffic ( server's ips ). The only machine that would remain vulnerable would be the web server . And that can't be handled.
Old 10/13/2009, 12:17   #36

**** SUCH A **** =(
i already was lvl 34 -.- and i liked this server so much =(
plz to all doe everything to get server beaq alive -.-
:-!
Old 10/13/2009, 12:18   #37

hmm they could just talk to their provider and look there for the solution
Old 10/13/2009, 12:18   #38

Guys... If Erb has the capacity to run his own Aion Pserver I am sure the guy makes a decent amount of money doing something. I will tell you this, Erb isnt gonna let some DDos attack from Toasty stop him from continuing his pserver. It may be back to square one though...(Complete Server Wipe) due to many corrupeted files. Show your support any way you can guys, keep Infinite Aion alive. (In-Game Name=Lyndus)
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/13/2009, 12:26   #39

I realy hope so =(....
because was best server and i would do anything to get server online again....
Old 10/13/2009, 12:27   #40

Actually they could set up an automated scripted firewall to allow connections only from the ip's that registered an account , and maybe a registration option that would supply one or 2 more ips at most. The computing power of such a firewall should though reside in hardware processing since a software one might also fail due to heavy cpu usage. ISP acl's are moving the whole problem in the ISP's yard and don't need investments tho they're harder to update.
Old 10/13/2009, 12:35   #41

All chars will be wiped eventually after everything stabilized so just enjoy the game the way it is for now and you don't have to put too much hope in your current char. Just explore around, familiarize with the world, quests and make new friends along the way. The development team is doing their best to create a nice gaming environment for their players so lets just calm down and wait for now.^^

P/s: read a book, watch anime, catch up with some movies, or play a video game console to pass time =)
Old 10/13/2009, 12:40   #42

Can anyone say me where i can download Aion P-Server i know now is offline but i need the download link pls...
Old 10/13/2009, 12:55   #43

To Latstyle. Dont defend toasty in anyway man. I was standing there when he went on his little admin rage.
Old 10/13/2009, 13:06   #44

You Guys Really Think that Toastgodsupreme Could be That LOW to start a Ddos Attack against his Own Server ..?? He works really Hard on it , not To mention that Erb wouldn't Kick Toast out of the Team just Because he killed people .. I mean WTF ?? Is that Really how you Thank someone that Put A LOT of hard work and dedication to Make the BEST Aion PvServer ..??? ( To those who are part of Infinite Aion ) .. Really just accusing Someone without Evidence is just VERY Low .." If you have nO good intentions towards Infinite Aion and Don't Have faith in it's Team , then GTFO of the Community ~
Old 10/13/2009, 13:07   #45

For those who want to try this new private server (Atomix Aion) while Infinite Aion is down ..

just download this and put in your aion folder and connect
Closed Thread