Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion
You last visited: Today at 23:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Gameguard] Windows7

Discussion on [Gameguard] Windows7 within the Aion forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Gameguard] Windows7

Greetings,
is someone able to play Aion with Windows 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Windows 7

Due to GameGuard's nature of hooking into core system DLLS, Windows 7 does not allow for this type of execution. and games running GameGuard will display the splash screen and then crash with an error of error:0

Currently there are no known workarounds although some games such as Rappelz have created patches to remove GameGuard from the game.

GameGuard has stated that due to Windows 7's beta status a patch is not yet in the making however once Windows 7 has been released for sale a patch will ship.

On March 23, 2009, it has been updated and found that some GameGuard games are working with Windows 7 due to a new update. One of the examples is Gunbound GIS.
That's exactly my problem, Gameguard is not able to start/update.

Any idea or a fix for this?

Thank you
Old 04/10/2009, 11:55   #2

I had the same problem with Windows 7 and Gameguard. I did some research and tried out a few things but nothing worked.
I ended up in just installing XP on my other partitition.
Old 04/10/2009, 15:36   #3

I'm not able to install XP. :|
Other ideas?
Old 04/10/2009, 16:16   #4

It won't work on Windows 7 period. Why cant you install XP? All you need to do is download it off your torrent site of your choice, then use something like Easeus partition manager to create a small partition to load XP on..
Old 04/10/2009, 18:59   #5

You must have an original OS though, probably Vista if not Xp. I reinstalled my computer with Vista 64 to get past GameGuard.