Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion
You last visited: Today at 02:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Noob question: Best way to find xyz coords with CE

Discussion on Noob question: Best way to find xyz coords with CE within the Aion forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Noob question: Best way to find xyz coords with CE

So I have been working with AHK for a long time now and realized it has memory read capabilities. So I am trying to find a realiable way to read my xyz coords to make my own bot.

Problem is I suck with CE. Most of the other offset threads I see show the characters xyz coords as float values. But every time I try searching for values and modifying my search to narrow down a single address. I end up with 0.

Aion took out the /loc function so I can't even find 2 decent coords to search between.

Most of the time I am just simply moving in 1 direction hitting increased value, hoping it will eventually narrow down to a handful or addresses which I can look in. But it never goes right.

Any expert advise for how to better make use of my CE searches would be great.

Thank you
Old 12/17/2012, 06:46   #2

Thanks for making an attempt at it first and asking your question intelligently. Here are a couple hints which should get you well on your way.

First, there are fly keybinds for "rise" and "descend" which adjust your Z axis accordingly (in CE: search increased/decreased value).

X/Y could be discerned relative to the Z value's memory address, however you can also use this trick:
  1. Open map
  2. Open chat
  3. Link location into chat
  4. Press the home key or manually move your cursor to the beginning of the line
  5. Type /w and press space

When you press space the game client will try to parse the location link as a character name and will instead show the code. You will see something like:
Quote:
Whisper to [pos:Location;400010000: 1234.5 6789.0 0.0 1]
"1234.5 6789.0" would be the X/Y (or Y/X... Aion is strange) of the location you linked. You could use that data to search for a range of values and more quickly narrow down the X/Y coords. You might make one coord to the northwest and one to the southeast, then use the paired values for upper/lower bounds. The datatype for X/Y/Z coords is float.

Tip: You can also do the reverse and build a location link from X/Y coords using the format you see in the whisper example
Old 12/18/2012, 21:18   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Thanks for making an attempt at it first and asking your question intelligently. Here are a couple hints which should get you well on your way.

First, there are fly keybinds for "rise" and "descend" which adjust your Z axis accordingly (in CE: search increased/decreased value).

X/Y could be discerned relative to the Z value's memory address, however you can also use this trick:
  1. Open map
  2. Open chat
  3. Link location into chat
  4. Press the home key or manually move your cursor to the beginning of the line
  5. Type /w and press space

When you press space the game client will try to parse the location link as a character name and will instead show the code. You will see something like:

"1234.5 6789.0" would be the X/Y (or Y/X... Aion is strange) of the location you linked. You could use that data to search for a range of values and more quickly narrow down the X/Y coords. You might make one coord to the northwest and one to the southeast, then use the paired values for upper/lower bounds. The datatype for X/Y/Z coords is float.

Tip: You can also do the reverse and build a location link from X/Y coords using the format you see in the whisper example
Sneaky sneaky. That is a good trick indeed.

I did have one more selfish question.

In regards to character positioning, or how the character is facing.

Every walking bot turns the camera towards it's next waypoint and then simply walks forward. What sort of equation does one use to point a characters pitch/yaw viewpoint towards a waypoint?

My newebie solution was to just always face my camera as close to north as possible then I wouldn't have to rely on pitch/yaw I would simply rely on north south east west. However this would make my character look odd strafing sideways or walking backwards when going any direction but north.

At the moment I am having trouble getting actual pointers/offests as Aion crashes every-time I use the "Find what writes to this address" function. Perhaps I need to sort through the pointers finder. Not sure. Also the function I was using to read address memory in AHK doesn't seem to like Win 7, odd problem that no one on the AHK forum has responded to.

Once I have a working walk bot I wouldn't mind sharing. I normal rely on image searches to get my bearings on where my character is, this is all very exciting actually getting right into the memory addresses.

Thank you for the tip on map location, and any further tips along the way.
Old 12/19/2012, 21:46   #4

I have found the equation I was looking for. Luckily my fiance tutors her cousins in math all the time so she threw the equation at me like a pro, even drew me a picture.....love that woman

Y and X would be the map boundaries, but they don't even matter

Using C,D and E,F you solve for H and G Which you can then use to get I which you can then use to get sin Z which allows you to get the exact angle a character needs to face to walk in a straight line form waypoint to waypoint.

My next step......how to find pointers/offsets and get them to work in AHK
Old 12/19/2012, 23:26   #5

Better check all of it, she gave you G² + H² = I, which is not correct. G² + H² =

All of this information is readily available on the Internet, search "Cartesian Distance" or "Cartesian Angle".