Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 16:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Idea

Discussion on Idea within the 9Dragons forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Idea

Alright guys heres an idea, now ive only worked on two pservers for 9D n im no server owner blah blah blah but this is the only way 9D will survive.
Why did P9D survive so long? They didnt have the content all the pservers here have.

No offense to any of you but their staff was a little more involved on forums which appears to be a big problem for all of you, stop using epvp/facebook/skype so much, your main focus should be the forums, that should be the only way to contact GMs/VGMs/Devs etc etc. Sure make a fb group for them to discuss the game but dont post things, just let people use it to communicate a little.

Stop coming up with random VGMs that nobody knows and end up being corrupt, if you pick a VGM WHICH I DONT SUGGEST use people that are in the community well known and trusted, but not people that others know who they are in game.

If you do have VGMS--- Only Global buffs, no weps no gear anything(maybe if anything give them a LS +17 wep just to differentiate them from other players)

Anyways those weren't my main points those just ended up coming out also, P9D was basically running uncontested, you guys are going against like 2/3 other servers each not to mention RedFox which has basically all of your populations combined and then probably at least double. the best chance if you guys really want to accomplish something great with 9D is to combine and create one server instead of trying to contest each other, in the end your income and profit off it will be much higher and the serve population will be greater than all of yours have ever been most likely. anyways just some suggestions
Old 12/03/2016, 08:17   #2

It's true that splitting a minuscule community is not very beneficial to the whole, but I'm afraid that after I read the posts in this forum from the past weeks, I can hardly imagine devs and owners uniting for one big project. There's too much ego flying around and too many dishonorable acts that took place.

After my experience with , I came to the conclusion that they don't know or don't care to know how to satisfy a consumer. It's the players' needs and wants that bring profit, not the iron fist that governs the server or the occasional administrative silence, or the advertised(often missing, where are those 3k new items?)) features/content. Before a large amount of player became inactive, they only cared about critical and technical issues, ignoring balance and feature requests. They did a good job fixing some exploits(BIG ASS +), but that's not the only aspect of the game that needed attention. I understand that Bogdy was the only dev(with some help from Adek iirc) and the amount of work needed to be done was more than 1 person could handle, but the question arises: why set sail if you have insufficient crew? Administrative problems are not players' concerns. Some more communication after server's release could have helped a lot. Their "no small patch" policy also hurt their future, players' requests such as masks and stat system tweaks could've been resolved in a timely manner if not for this policy. Mass-banning players for exploiting bugs that have later been fixed was also counter-beneficial. At the time I agreed with their measures, but after some thinking I believe milder punishment, such as removing the advantage obtained by exploiting said bugs, could've contributed to a bigger player-base and server longevity. Concerning the VGMs, I believe any player with decent game knowledge and attitude would do. I know none of the new staff Zeron recently announced and that's not a problem, I'll get to know them if the future is kind enough. In the light of the warmer relationship between administration and players that came to be and the new staff, I hope will live to see development over a few years.

I haven't played, I only visited hefei once and I was glad to see lots of farmable items that I could not see in , even though lots of them were temporary. I'm uneasy when I see temporary items in 9D for reasons that I can't identify. They've been around for a few years, that's either because of deep pockets in administration or player investment. I plan on experiencing this server in depth after the new beginning.

is a day old at the time of posting this and after several hours of playing I mostly like what I see. More information about the server(rates and stuff) is said to come in the following days.

At this point, I believe still has the most players, even if most are dormant. I forsee great success and prosperity for the first server that manages, even if it doesn't enrich the current content, to get rid of damage cap and that idiotic map load-time and black screen afterwards. In my brief experience on RF, I was amazed to see their map load-time: no more than 10 seconds.
I would also advise a more business-like approach when dealing with players. Ignoring them is a recipe for failure. Competition is imminent at this point in time. Sadly, the days of P9D are gone.
Old 12/03/2016, 08:20   #3

elite*gold: 100
Zeron will get the most trustworthy GMs and VGMs or so i was told.
I will be one of them and i can assure that i am not corrupted. I worked on my trust for far too long to see it go to waste.
Old 12/03/2016, 09:50   #4

elite*gold: 393
In my opinion, mardu should've merged with ZeroN when he asked him. ZeroN can make their VN files work and this will bring up the 9D private server scene to a whole new level.
There would not be any logout-login issues, no dc on map change, no long *** imprevious state, way faster map loading times, clothe refine, regular refine functions up to +15 and much more. It would come closest to official server.
No idea why mardu declined that offer. I don't think people will play on a reboot of US files.
Old 12/03/2016, 10:32   #5

The community has been around for long, and people have gathered up agendas and already dislike each other for a long time. VGMs is always a failed project since it always finds a way of hurting the community. Picking a "known" user is never going to work either, because most well known players in servers are people who are on a PvP league, which will create a big distrust from whoever is fighting against that certain league. Meanwhile PvErs are often looked down upon and considered "not knowledgeable enough about the game" (which is hilarious bullshit).

Picking up new staff that no one else knows will also create some false sense of insecurity among the community since they prefer knowing who the heck was given special privileges. Personally I've been playing Zeron since it was released and I have no idea who any of the new staff are, how they got there or what makes them fit for the job.

Usually as a player that shouldn't be any of our concern, since we're not the ones picking staff, and very rarely would your boss in real life tell you about new employees past and present simply to fill you in unless absolute necessary. However this community has learned not to trust each other after years of lies and manipulation. Many just take for granted that each new staff they have no idea about is going to be corrupted in one way or another and has their own special agenda.

Maybe I seem way too pessimistic, but that's the result of having been lied to by staff and seen corruption ever since acclaim.
Old 12/03/2016, 11:11   #6

Received Thanks: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Lucas-- View Post
the best chance if you guys really want to accomplish something great with 9D is to combine and create one server instead of trying to contest each other, in the end your income and profit off it will be much higher and the serve population will be greater than all of yours have ever been most likely. anyways just some suggestions
That's what I'm suggesting since PA has died, but I was ignored completely. If we give up on that what happened in the past between the servers and focus on one good server, the situation would change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagatoarek View Post
Meanwhile PvErs are often looked down upon and considered "not knowledgeable enough about the game" (which is hilarious bullshit).

this community has learned not to trust each other after years of lies and manipulation. Many just take for granted that each new staff they have no idea about is going to be corrupted in one way or another and has their own special agenda.
Hello, PvEr here. And, well, yeah, it's true that people ignore PVErs. Unfortunately, they usually know even more about the game than PVPers.
Old 12/03/2016, 11:33   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy69 View Post
Both servers are very ****. If you merge **** with ****, you get ****.
merge Titan and Zeron will be better than a server corrupted by zozo and his friends

In your face Tengeshit
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/03/2016, 22:10   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obispo View Post
merge Titan and Zeron will be better than a server corrupted by zozo and his friends

In your face Tengeshit
Wasn't you just fired as a 9d GM for corruption?

I'm no fan of Zozo, but it seems you think everyone is corrupt, and now we know why.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/03/2016, 22:20   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddwood View Post
Wasn't you just fired as a 9d GM for corruption?

I'm no fan of Zozo, but it seems you think everyone is corrupt, and now we know why.
i was not corrupted and i asked for be fired/banned

all rob said is false, he just wanted make himself good in face of this site

ps : i can proove it

Old 12/03/2016, 23:59   #10

Of course P9D survived for only two main reasons.

1. They were the first private server, with nice, not bugged content, everything functional, and everybody was bored grinding *** off on GC.

2. They didn't have any competition, now player base is divided, and the players of server A are fighting against players of server B on forums, flaming the other server that it sux.

What could save 9D community is to join up again, and make one great private server as p9d was, but developers/owners of privates won't do it, because each of them hate each other lol.

PS. they were involved on forum lot more, communicating well, maintaining, not corrupt, etc. etc, but these are not the points why they survived for long, but the 2 points mentioned above.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/04/2016, 10:53   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugea View Post
Of course P9D survived for only two main reasons.

1. They were the first private server, with nice, not bugged content, everything functional, and everybody was bored grinding *** off on GC.

2. They didn't have any competition, now player base is divided, and the players of server A are fighting against players of server B on forums, flaming the other server that it sux.

What could save 9D community is to join up again, and make one great private server as p9d was, but developers/owners of privates won't do it, because each of them hate each other lol.

PS. they were involved on forum lot more, communicating well, maintaining, not corrupt, etc. etc, but these are not the points why they survived for long, but the 2 points mentioned above.
1. Bullshit. P9D was the most bugged ever. The only quite bug-free server revision was pre-KR R3. And yup, I played since R1. I still remember how did we make leech party in SRS because of those bugs. *spam spam spam FL just before entering dungeon was crazy enough*

2. Merging two communities will make that division insignificant.

Why do we hate each other? It's actually not a case. I have nothing against Zeron's or Mardu's team. Also, as far as I know, the only (quite) active part of staff @ P9D was Changsun (I miss her actually), and later, nR.

Also, curious about Zeron's staff being corrupt, but whatever.
Old 12/07/2016, 13:13   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adek1994 View Post
1. Bullshit. P9D was the most bugged ever. The only quite bug-free server revision was pre-KR R3. And yup, I played since R1. I still remember how did we make leech party in SRS because of those bugs. *spam spam spam FL just before entering dungeon was crazy enough*

2. Merging two communities will make that division insignificant.

Why do we hate each other? It's actually not a case. I have nothing against Zeron's or Mardu's team. Also, as far as I know, the only (quite) active part of staff @ P9D was Changsun (I miss her actually), and later, nR.

Also, curious about Zeron's staff being corrupt, but whatever.
As you see, the difference is that P9D had useful bugs, not annoying, making it impossible to play bugs..
Old 12/07/2016, 13:23   #13

Quote:
As you see, the difference is that P9D had useful bugs, not annoying, making it impossible to play bugs..
Nah, it was completely missing ****** content. Not being able to make party is a bug, not a feature, trust me.
Old 12/07/2016, 19:50   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by adek1994 View Post
Nah, it was completely missing ****** content. Not being able to make party is a bug, not a feature, trust me.
Okay, so maybe there were bugs, but still, i remember i wasn't annoyed to insanity by them, also the concept of the server was better than nowadays, it was straightforward, had to farm every dungeon, had to use the grind maps, and most of the collectibles were on place, and working. Organised, I think this is missing from the servers out there today.
Old 12/07/2016, 19:56   #15

Quote:
Okay, so maybe there were bugs, but still, i remember i wasn't annoyed to insanity by them, also the concept of the server was better than nowadays, it was straightforward, had to farm every dungeon, had to use the grind maps, and most of the collectibles were on place, and working. Organised, I think this is missing from the servers out there today.
Well, yeah, that's what I liked about it as well.