Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 9Dragons
You last visited: Today at 22:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

VN server Delay CT

Discussion on VN server Delay CT within the 9Dragons forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
VN server Delay CT

Does anyone have the address for the buff delay on the VN server?
I've been trying to find it,but no luck so far.
Old 05/31/2009, 18:20   #2

skill recast delays on the viet server are tricky. the addresses change every time you log off, disconnect, or change maps. its frustrating to have to search for just one skill address. i was thinking of trying to codecave them if possible.
Old 05/31/2009, 23:48   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedookee View Post
skill recast delays on the viet server are tricky. the addresses change every time you log off, disconnect, or change maps. its frustrating to have to search for just one skill address. i was thinking of trying to codecave them if possible.
If you could help me,i could help you.
I'm not very good with CT and i mess up a lot and have to restart searches a lot.
If you could help me on how to do it properly i could speed up your search for the addresses
Old 06/01/2009, 01:21   #4

ok. for example, you have a nuker, his slow-nuke has a recast delay of 2.0 seconds at cheng 5 and above. so, do a 4 byte search for 2000. you are going to get alot of results. go into your ce settings, scan settings, and give yourself a good amount of scanning memory. something like 1,200 kb or so. do the search. go back to the game after the search is done. mouse over the little arrow under your skill shortcut, the one that you can turn the skill cheng up and down with. turn the cheng down until its to a level that the recast time goes down. so if it goes dow to say, 1.2 seconds delay, go back to ce and do a NEXT search for 1200. DO NOT HIT THE NEW SCAN BUTTON. that should get you where you can learn some things. hope that helps.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/01/2009, 10:23   #5

WOW! thats a nice explanation! will try that, thank u!
Old 06/01/2009, 10:44   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
WOW! thats a nice explanation! will try that, thank u!
you're welcome. if it helped, hit the thank you button if you feel so obliged please.
Old 06/01/2009, 12:00   #7

Strange.. I'm trying this on a slow nuke. At the second scan i get 0 results o.O
Also,i managed to get my nuke up to lvl 10 with CT. The casting time is slower,my chi kung dmg appears to be higher (in numbers) but the damage i deal is the same o.O

Edit:
Ok here's what i found out.
If you have a nuke,find the address for it (Tortoise art of stars in my case is 10173BA4)
And if you change the level to something higher than cheng 12,i changed mine to cheng 40 (value 9984) the delay goes away. The damage remains the same (even though it says that it's lower,on mobs you still do the same dmg) and you are still leveling the nuke.

If anyone wants to try this on any skill,do the following:

1. Change your skill cheng to 1
Search for a 4byte value of 0
2. Change your skill cheng to 2
Search for a 4byte value of 256
3. Change to 3
Search for 512
Etc until you are left with 1 address. (if you haven't noticed each level adds 256 to the value. 0,256,512,768,1024 etc)

Then in order to get it to a desired level do this:

256 x (desired lvl - 1)

Example
Desired lvl 20:

256 x (20-1) = 4864.
Enter that as a value and freeze it.
Old 06/01/2009, 12:31   #8

they've fixed it to be server side now. if you have a hybrid, warrior, or healer and change the melee attack cheng, you'll play out the whole series of hits for the skill. the damage wont go up, but you'll get more hits in. on the nuke casting delay, you may have to sort through thousands of addresses just to find the right one, alt-tabbing and trial and error. there's an easier method or two, one involving code caving some arrays of bytes when i have some more time to sit down with it i will work on it a little more.
Old 06/01/2009, 12:39   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedookee View Post
they've fixed it to be server side now. if you have a hybrid, warrior, or healer and change the melee attack cheng, you'll play out the whole series of hits for the skill. the damage wont go up, but you'll get more hits in. on the nuke casting delay, you may have to sort through thousands of addresses just to find the right one, alt-tabbing and trial and error. there's an easier method or two, one involving code caving some arrays of bytes when i have some more time to sit down with it i will work on it a little more.
Well my problem is not sorting through thousands of addresses to find the nuke casting delay,my problem is that i get 0 results xD
I search for 1200 (1.2 cast delay) then i filter for 800 (0.8 delay) and i get 0 results.
Old 06/01/2009, 13:43   #10

then you are going to have to get the first results, and select a hundred or so at a time, freeze them, and change them to something like 5. go to game, if the value is changed, then you are going to have to go back to ce and figure out which value it was. not that it will matter, it'll just change when you log, dc, or change maps. but you dont need a hundred random addresses frozen at some changed value, or you're gonna get dc'ed or the client will freeze.