Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 9Dragons
You last visited: Today at 13:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Puck9D - Age of Wulin Chinese OBT 6th June

Discussion on Puck9D - Age of Wulin Chinese OBT 6th June within the 9Dragons forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Puck9D - Age of Wulin Chinese OBT 6th June

Quote:
Age of Wulin Test Server:
Open for 12 hours on 30th May from 10:00 ~ 22: 00 GMT+8 (China time).
You do NOT need any activation code to log in.

For those who want to experience the game, first you will need to register an account. Follow the steps below:

STEPS:
1. Go to
2. Fill in the required information:

(Type Chinese ID in google and get name and ID and copy paste there)

3. Download client: (Client size ~7GB)

No new link for the 530 test server. 516 client will be required.

FAQ:
Q: when I tried to click the launcher button, this "file does not exist" error occurs.
A: Rename the Chinese folder to "Snail Games"and create a new desktop icon.

Q: Is there a IP Block?
A: No.

Q: I can't create a char and the name giver interface seems like a bunch of rubbish code.
A: Change your system locale.
For windows 7, Ctrl Panel -> Clock, Language and Region -> Region and Language -> Administrative -> Change system locale... -> Chinese (Simplified, PRC). Need to restart computer.

Q:I'm connected on the game as well, creating my character, but whatever the name I try to give him, it doesn't work.
A: Use a chinese name with a valid surname. You can let the game generate one for you.

SCHOOLS:

Schools introduction (Split into 8 threads?)

The "Good"

Shao Lin 少林 - Monk (Male Only)

- Quaterstaff, Fist
- Crowd control, Tank

Wu Dang 武当

- Sword, Twin Sword Expert
- AoE damage

E Mei 峨眉 (Female Only)

- Dagger, E Mei Piercers, Palm
- Strong Support

Gai Bang 丐帮 - Beggars Sect

- Quaterstaff, Palm

The "Chaotic" / EVIL

Ji Le Gu 极乐谷 - Blissful / Wanderer's Valley

- Palm, Twin Shortsword & Twin Blade
- Poison

Jin Yi Wei 锦衣卫 - Royal Guards

- Claw, Blade, Rope / Chain
- Control

The "Neutral"

Tang Men 唐门

- Dagger & Hidden Weapons
- Poison, Kiting, PVP

Jun Zi Tang 君子堂 - Scholars

- Sword, Twin Sword, Kick

Minimum requirement:
CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz or equivalent
Memory: 1GB
Display Card: GeForce 6600 or equivalent
Display Memory: 128MB
Bandwidth: 1MB
Hard Disk: 10G

Recommended requirement:
CPU: Pentium Dual-Core E6 series or equivalent
Memory: 2GB
Display Card: GeForce 9600GT or equivalent
Display Memory: 512MB
Bandwidth: 2MB
Hard Disk: 10G

REMEMBER OPEN TEST BETA is 6TH JUNE 2012 for CHINA VERSION.

gPotato.eu is to begin our CBT at roughly the same time as Age of Wulin in China enters OBT.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 05/30/2012, 14:10   #2

It's funny warv0x has that too... xD

It's a nice game btw, it was firstly claimed as Project 9 or Project 7 I think like a long while ago (2009-2010?)

But in my opinion, it has FAR FAR better gameplay than 9D as an overall, there aren't any limitations of the classes and as far as they announced a while ago it isn't supposed to have levels either. So it's all about the martial arts (skills) you learn into the game, pretty cool twist of the industry imo. Unfortunately it will be ran by gPotato and we all know gpotato can't run a single game properly, they always get uber decent games which after a while turn into a mile of high rate private servers because they're trying to shove players to pay about $500+ to get anywhere in their games. (and mainly because they suck at securing their projects)

If you think I'm being generic by saying that gPotato is pure ****, check their stock too - since the Flyff scene collapsed they downgraded their $80mil annual income and now continue dropping endlessly (swapping old games with new ones with the hope of fixing revenues, but failing at it). Their stock practically makes them lose $58mil. every year (while they make about $55mil., which means their revenue is estimated of about $-3mil. Kinda speaks how ****** they are at running/developing games...

I hope a bigger company like Nexon (which sucks as well, but at least is one of the richest companies in the industry and can truly run a game properly) buys the publishing and development license rights (or the entire dev company stock) for NA or EU so the game goes well.

I became interested in the game within the first teaser trailer they released ages ago, as someone who's supposed to talk mainly for 9D... I can surely say Age of Wulin will make 9D look like pure **** from the first day of its opening.

P.S: Did you play yet, is it as fun as it looks on their teasers? :P [EDIT: NVM, just noticed the opening date]
Old 05/30/2012, 14:37   #3

Its going to open in 5:30, downloading client...

The animations are a bit unrefined from the videos. Me thinks these (and the future 9Dragons II) are just cheap alternatives to Blade and Soul. No chance Nexon would want to chip in on this.

But the game is still kinda incomplete as of May 09

Quote:
2) Game system
-Battle system (Qing Gong, Air Battle, PVP etc) [DONE]
-Unique game features (Miracle encounter [DONE], offline system [DONE], kidnap [DONE], imprisoning [DONE], NPC affection etc)
-Life skills (4 categories + hunger system) Work in Progress
-Instance (Boss helper) Work in Progress
So idk what warvox has. Regardless tell warvox to get the korean version and dump this PoS bugged version from DE

Old 05/30/2012, 14:45   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Zyklon] View Post
Its going to open in 5:30, downloading client...

The animations are a bit unrefined from the videos. Me thinks these (and the future 9Dragons II) are just cheap alternatives to Blade and Soul. No chance Nexon would want to chip in on this.
Well, I played B&S (warv0x was doing security administration for the Atomix Blade&Soul pserver) and it was really good, but really imbalanced graphics in my opinion. On about 1GB GPU it was uber heavy and laggy, but it looked better than real life, haha. But once you like lower the settings it turns pure shit, I know that's a problem with the game engine but it's really lame imo. As of the gameplay I must admit it was pretty well and uber unique.

And yeah, but Nexon also runs plenty of crappy MMOs in say... SEA and Europe - so who knows. The only main thing I dislike about nexon is the way they restrict localization for better profit (geo ip).

As of 9Dragons II, I'm already sure it's going to be some bullshit with a few systems so they can bash it around the social media and MMO news sites to hype the players up to get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Zyklon] View Post

So idk what warvox has. Regardless tell warvox to get the korean version and dump this PoS bugged version from DE

Yeah, I already did. He seems way too busy with getting new MMOs as they revenue better income than 9D, from what I know he never really targeted 9D in the first place (was after something else around GC, not sure what). Kinda speaks why he doesn't bother updating it constantly, as theres no real competition nor consequences..
Old 05/30/2012, 14:58   #5

I stopped at the beach part where you gotta kill of some pirates. Engine and effects are nice (Water, horizon, mountain), but yeah not optimized. So at one point my time spent became more important than playing and discovering a bugged incomplete unoptimized version.

Ontopic

If anyone wants IDs:

Name + I/C number
王洪侠 210124198508162281
付文文 210502198412020944
史莹 210411198504282942
白瑞峰 622723198602013412
兴明明 210304198504260488
刘颖 210421198403162020
孙雪 210303198412082729
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/31/2012, 08:01   #6

I dont know which server to select.
Old 05/31/2012, 08:31   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by uijk93 View Post
I dont know which server to select.
you can select the server at the launch. btw the stress test just ended 30 min ago.

wait till 6th june now for the open beta test
Old 05/31/2012, 08:34   #8

They are asking me to enter a quiz, even im chinese i dont understand what it means
Old 05/31/2012, 08:39   #9

maybe a survey of how the game was (feedback)
Old 05/31/2012, 08:42   #10

Its a verification code to confirm that you're a china resident.
Old 05/31/2012, 08:44   #11

hmm dam. well lets hope for the eu OBT to be in the same month as the chinese obt
Old 05/31/2012, 08:54   #12

Opt1 mobile verification
opt2 Chinese phrase verification. (eg. When the sun comes up____?
Ans: The stars go down.)
Old 05/31/2012, 09:05   #13

nice, we get to see it in OBT
Old 05/31/2012, 18:17   #14

i got in and played yesterday for like 2 hours....in a 12 hour test server...the game is great...movements and all that...but i couldn't understand a thing...and since it's not with level progression(you kill mobs and get exp) you can't do much without questing...and figuring out how to play the **** game...

let's hope gpotat won't *** up this game....
Old 05/31/2012, 20:08   #15

im pretty sure they will. their other games suck too.

i remember playing Allods Online and there was some information that made me so sick, it made me quit the game.

buncha suckers they are.

about lvling i think there is something about party based training. idk how its works, but its different and exciting.

Tags
age of wulin, chinese, eu, open beta