Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 4Story
You last visited: Today at 02:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HELP] Possible % Crashes and Reasons

Discussion on [HELP] Possible % Crashes and Reasons within the 4Story forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[HELP] Possible % Crashes and Reasons

Hello, There is a long time that i don't use the server files, but i've downloaded the old one and started to do my own modifications and i'm trying to load an older data folder, tcd and tcmd (Champions of Iberia, 3.4).

Firstly The client was hanging in 42% which is where OBJ files are loaded, i've fixed the problem, but now it's crashing at 61% which i THINK is tcds (TEngine source says it's "Char Loading 1" and i didn't understood that), but I did somethings and it didn't fix, maybe some other thing can cause the crash?

PHP Code:
static BYTE bSTART[][2] = {
        { 
0},    // T3DRES_TEX

6},    // T3DRES_IMGBUF

12},    // T3DRES_IMG

14},    // T3DRES_MEDIA

1613 },    // T3DRES_ANI

2913 },    // T3DRES_MESH

42},    // T3DRES_OBJ

49},    // T3DRES_SFX

57},    // T3DRES_MAP

58}, // TIF Loading

62}, // Char Loading 1

70}, // Char Loading 2

77}, // Char Loading 3

83}, // Char Loading 4

89}, // Char Loading 5

95} }; // Char Loading 6

static BYTE bPrvProgress 0xFF
Thanks for reading.

#Edit My Bad, TIF loading is 58 to 61, so i'm trying it now...
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/01/2015, 21:26   #2

What about replace frames and take fully datafolder There are also different structs in tcs, it's also 61%
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/01/2015, 21:53   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowlyseq View Post
What about replace frames and take fully datafolder There are also different structs in tcs, it's also 61%
I got a client from a pserver because i don't know where to get the 3.4 client, gamefront servers doesn't work on my country. I've got the tcd structs from the TClient_Branch101012 folder which seems to be ok, i've checked with a Hex Editor the structure of TItem and it's correct, i'm not sure about the others, but i'm going to check, replacing frames is not possible for me right now, but after checking tcds i'll try it

#edit : I have debugged the TClient and looks like is something with Quest
Old 12/02/2015, 07:11   #4

If you're using public source and 3.4 client there will be error with frames, source read frames which doesn't exist in TIFF file. For example Quest map (J).
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/02/2015, 17:57   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowlyseq View Post
If you're using public source and 3.4 client there will be error with frames, source read frames which doesn't exist in TIFF file. For example Quest map (J).
Thank you for that info, I've removed the quest map but i'm still getting the same error, i'll keep trying;
Old 03/04/2016, 03:48   #6

Did you ever fix the crashing at 61%, because I am having the same issue and I am at a loss as to what is causing the issue.
Old 03/04/2016, 14:05   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkan7 View Post
Did you ever fix the crashing at 61%, because I am having the same issue and I am at a loss as to what is causing the issue.
probably bad tcds.. bad structs or smth
Old 03/04/2016, 21:31   #8

OK, let me start from the beginning.

I have downloaded 8 clients all around the timeframe of client 4.3, and all 8 are having similar issues.

1. they just did not load at all and error-ed even before the splash screen appeared. this was a bad image file for the splash screen.
2. After I fixed this all except one would get to approximately 42% just like it was mentioned above and thanks to "Red Swags" first post I was able to fix this issue without to much headache.
3. Now I am stuck exactly where "Red Swag" stopped, so I was hoping to gain some of the lessons learned from that troubleshooting to push me another step forward.

Thank you for you answer FlightxD.