Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 4Story
You last visited: Today at 09:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

DDOS Protect

Discussion on DDOS Protect within the 4Story forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
DDOS Protect

how i can protect my server from ddos attacks?
Old 01/16/2014, 22:10   #2

Buy a ddos protected dedi.
Old 01/16/2014, 22:11   #3

elite*gold: 14
The Black Market: 137/0/0
Received Thanks: 1,479
Talk to your root Hoster.
Old 01/16/2014, 22:32   #4

elite*gold: 60
Received Thanks: 16,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiiMPle View Post
Talk to your root Hoster.
And then?
A DDOS protection is not cheap.
If the data center is not accidental secured generel you'll soon have to pay a few hundreds per month if you have a clever protection want.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/17/2014, 20:03   #5

Umm, if you are 'clever' simply you don't begin with without any knowedge. First learn how 4story works.
Old 01/18/2014, 00:00   #6

elite*gold: 192
Received Thanks: 3,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by glossypvp View Post
Umm, if you are 'clever' simply you don't begin with without any knowedge. First learn how 4story works.
And then? Do you think after that he will know how to bring up a DDoS protection? Your informations are quite wrong. I can reassure you that you need (much much...) much more "basic" knowledge to get a working DDoS protection. Starting from a good network architecture which is managed by high quality Cisco components...
And that's exactly the problem if you rent a server by a cheap hoster. He won't come up with your requirements.
Old 01/18/2014, 13:58   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logtetsch View Post
And then? Do you think after that he will know how to bring up a DDoS protection? Your informations are quite wrong. I can reassure you that you need (much much...) much more "basic" knowledge to get a working DDoS protection. Starting from a good network architecture which is managed by high quality Cisco components...
And that's exactly the problem if you rent a server by a cheap hoster. He won't come up with your requirements.
I said exactly the same. The only hosting I'd recommend is OVH. They offer cisco hardware firewalls. It's the cheapest at all. I remember when 4StoryTurkey was running on an OVH machine with cisco hardware firewall, we got a couple ddos attacks but it didn't shut down the whole machine, or slowed down the network. Just the host machine was a bit slow, and the server, and it's ping (between players-servers) was good enough.

So, if you have no knowedge about how DDoS works and how to get rid of it. I can recommend OVH, if you ask them they can set up great cisco firewalls for you ... of course for hunderds of euros.

By the way DDoS, I have some experience with handling / blocking them. The most ddos methods can be blocked, I mean when a single IP sends packages to your server with TCP, a simple vb.net program can block it (for example KiwiGuard). UDP attacks are more advanced, I don't know any programs so far which can block it. Even it blocks it, the host machine can be overloaded, ... if it blocks every bytes sent through UDP, your system will freeze.

So summarizing all, I recommend OVH with cisco hardware firewall. One more problem, I don't know if they offer offshore hosting, but you'd rather host your 4s server with an offshore hosting, due to DMCA.
Why? ... Offshore hostings are just igroning DMCA, because they are in a such country, which didn't accept the Digital Milennium Copyright Act, that means you can use nulled scripts, and others including 4S. I know 4Story is not a 'nulled' script, it's stolen, but the main reason is exactly the same for why you can use nulled, and 4s scripts on an offshore hosting: Most of the offshore hostings allows this kind of scripts, because .. as I said they can ignore DMCA. But most of them they have a law, or a term for it. I don't know the exact law, but it's something like. If your content is not some media (music, pic, video), then it's OK.
Old 01/19/2014, 18:03   #8

so i can protect my server with kiwiguard?
Old 01/21/2014, 19:55   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyNaoki View Post
so i can protect my server with kiwiguard?
Although it's a free software since you can download it from google code, kiwi can block TCP based DDoS attacks very well. You just need to set max tcp connections per IP like 20, or something low value. And probihit minutes to 1.
If you are under attack, it won't have any effect regarding the network speed and pings, but kiwiguard will not respond, and it will use quite much ram than it's usual (when kiwi is running, and you are not under attack, it should eat around 20MB ram, but when you are under attack, 90-150MB) I recommend to restart kiwiguard when it's ram usage reaches 160MB. Close it from task manager, and then immidiately start it before the attack slows down your connection.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/23/2014, 11:04   #10

Suggest you to use Kiwi guard and setup router firewall. May block mutch request in some seconds.
Old 01/23/2014, 11:14   #11

Buy Layer 69 and GTFO
Old 01/23/2014, 22:26   #12

elite*gold: 12
If you look on the right places, you will find cheap ddos protections....
Old 01/25/2014, 19:08   #13

The Black Market: 431/0/0
Good DDos protection costs maybe 50€/month. Talk to some factories.
Old 01/31/2014, 15:50   #14

elite*gold: 184
you need Cloudflare for your Web server
and a nice firewall for you root.

*ps wer firewalls sucht schaut einfach mal in der Metin2 Section vorbei, da sind
genug firewalls public.
Old 01/31/2014, 15:53   #15

elite*gold: 120
Received Thanks: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by iÝoshii36 View Post
you need Cloudflare for your Web server
and a nice firewall for you root.

*ps wer firewalls sucht schaut einfach mal in der Metin2 Section vorbei, da sind
genug firewalls public.
Wahrscheinlich für FreeBSD, 4Story läuft aber nur auf einem Windows Server.