Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 12Sky2
You last visited: Today at 16:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Some insight/help? Possible Method to disable XTrap.

Discussion on Some insight/help? Possible Method to disable XTrap. within the 12Sky2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Some insight/help? Possible Method to disable XTrap.

As the title suggests, I'm looking into a method to disable XTrap for the MAYN EU version of Twelve Sky 2.

I have been inspired by a thread I found in r a g e z o n e. The person who posted said that instead of completely removing or getting rid of XTrap, we should aim to "remove just the games reliance on XTrap".

So I read it and tried to imitate.

And failed horribly.

His version of disabling XTrap is loading the game client into OllyDBG, which is a 32-bit assembler level analysing debugger.

r a g e z o n e.com/f562/disabling-xtrap-requirement-pt-client-670412/

FULLY read this please.

The problem is, his method doesn't apply to TwelveSky2.exe BUT for some odd reason it applies to Xtrap.xt .... weird right? I thought so as well.

First problem was, the Xtrap always patched itself, but I saw a thread on EPvP on a patch-skipper:

(Just download the Launch.rar)

Second problem though... Now that's a doozie. I guess, since it wasn't working, that TwelveSky2.exe needed editing. Herein lies the REAL problem:
the things you're looking for are imports from .dll files from the system32 folder (I.E. kernel32.dll, user32.dll) and are UN-EDITABLE.

So that's a dead end for me. But I'm not really experienced in this stuff (I'm a total leeching noob really!)

So my question is: is this possible to improve upon? Or should I just ditch this attempt?

P.S.: Why is the word R a g e z o n e forbidden? I'm guessing cause it's a rival website? To me knowledge is knowledge, no matter who it comes from.
Old 07/23/2010, 09:47   #2

Received Thanks: 1,003
The way ive found to get around it is to code your own code and make a GXDCompress.dll which loads your own dll. inside that you can use memcpy and such to hack.

Its not fully disabling xtrap at all it still runs fine. You will have problems disabling xtrap via ollydbg because TwelveSky2 is packed with Themida. Quite a challange to unpack doable but i havent succeded yet . Learn C++ Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 or smn is a good IDE then make a dll that does your hacks. You can code hacks for aeria then find that same game code you are modifying in the other verisons of the game and apply your hacks there. Whilst xtrap is running . Good luck
Old 07/23/2010, 09:47   #3

Received Thanks: 1,003
Sorry for double post internet was being stupid.
Old 07/23/2010, 19:53   #4

yeah..write a dll with injecting your hacks into the game is a nice idea...but how i can find the multi offset pointers without using CE or debugger to find right adresses???

Tags
12sky2, bypass, mayn, method, xtrap